Friday, September 11, 2009

Why Loanfaqs.org?

Clearly this is not a .org site, so where did the name come from?

Over a year ago I tried to create a student loan forum where people could come and post their questions online for me to answer. I called it Loanfaqs.org, got a logo created, even got the forum up and running. But unfortunately it just never got popular. Student loan advice isn't really something you can sit and discuss in forum threads because it is a one-question one-answer format.

So now I've decided to try a blog format. I think this will help in that it's easily searched for specific information. I've kept the name just for the thrill of having something with that name still floating around the internet. I hope to help the same amount of people with advice and resources that I've been able to help elsewhere.

No question is "stupid" in this business. The process is long, confusing and complicated. Never be shy to ask a question or post a comment! I'm here to help or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment